I'll spare you the actual details (mostly, be grateful), but here some things that ran through my head during an encounter last night (second date, good chemistry, less nerdy in person, better hair):
- Good job! - the twist is that it was in A's voice. In my head. As an internal kudos for achieving, um, just imagine. Remember, we're at the beginning.
- Oh great! - also in A's voice, when that achievement....disappeared. Before anything happened.
- Random lines from Sex and the City - ...and the dipping
- Wait, is he trying to fishhook me? C would laugh so hard at that.
- Do I really need to be here for this?
- This is verging on Copernicus territory. Again? How? Why?
- And A & J chorus of "eeeewwww, no" - upon confirmation of tighty whiteys. Yeah, me too. I couldn't look.
- It's business time - but with underwear, not socks. Don't ask me why there are two pairs. Yes, underwear. Don't ask. I did note the sock removal though. And no, it wasn't Wednesday. In my case (but not others, although that's a different story. I wasn't there).
The best comment to come out of our girls' lunch this week: "You have street sex, I have hotel sex. You have got to stop doing that."